Monday, September 17, 2012

9.15.12 Sarah's Country Picnic Baby Shower

My inspiration for my sisters baby shower started with one photo. This photo is how Sarah and Scott told both sets of parents that they were expecting a bundle of joy. Once seeing the photo I just ran with the idea of a country picnic baby shower that was shabby chic with a gender neutral color scheme.

I hand made everything you see in this picture. The banner was very simple to make and can be done by anyone. I choose scrapbook paper that tied into my theme and colors. Once I had the paper I cut out pennants, wrote out the words needed, whole punched the corners, and then ran ribbon all the way through. The picture frames I bought in plain white but decorated them myself. Using sharpie paint markers I was able to create a frame that matches the decor of the nursery and decoration for the shower. Of course I wanted to display the picture that was my inspiration for all to see. I also hand made the pinwheels and had so much fun doing that. I just googled directions and found out how simple it really was to make my own instead of buying them. I was able to pick colors and patterns that would fit perfectly with the theme.

The beverage stand was a huge hit! With your choice of Lemonade, Iced Tea, Water or a Margarita people had plenty to choose from but not too much for me to handle making. I used the same paper as the banner to make small pennants on each beverage dispenser showing what each drink was. Mason jars were lined up in the center with yellow and green striped straws for each person to use for thier drink. As you see I had more pinwheels on the beverage table to continue to pull it all together. The pom poms were very easy to create and only 7 bucks for all three of them. I had glass pitches in the corners that were filled with fake lemons. These are actually pitchers that sit in my kitchen on a daily basis so no cost at all to me. :)  
A great diaper cake is easy to make, a great decorating piece, and a great gift all at the same time. The cowboy hat and boots were something that I wanted to showcase since they are sooooo cute. Once I bought them I knew they would serve perfectly for the cake topper. Using a receiving blanket to cover the center tier fits perfect and much cuter than just diapers. Setup right next to the diaper cake were large mason jars filled with lemon slices and daisies. I also used the same paper for the banner to tie small pennants around the mason jar. This might have ended up becoming my favorite decoration at the shower. I even took these home and have them in my kitchen as decoration for now. :) Lastly in this photo you will see the Apple Pie pops that were made as part of the desserts. These were a huge hit along with all of the food.
The Lemonade and Limeade cupcakes were absolutely delicious and went so well with theme and colors at the shower. Thanks again Amy!
The shower was a huge success and I even booked a party to plan for my moms friend from it. So keep me in mind for any kind of party you are throwing! I have a serious passion for party planning that I need to tap into more. :)

2 comments:

  1. Sarah's Country Picnic Baby Shower was excellent. What a cute idea for the celebration and all of those decorations are spectacular my friend. Loved the food and all of the color schemes. Thanks for the photos. At one of the party venues in Chicago I also would be hosting my wife’s 30th birthday bash PLUS our baby shower. So excited!

    ReplyDelete